Expanded Aspen Flight Options for 2017-18 Ski Season
Starting to plan your Aspen ski vacation, but not sure where to fly into? Traveling to our mountain oasis just got a lot more convenient for the 2017-18 ski season. Three airline carriers, American, Delta, and United, recently released new, expanded schedules for flights to Aspen from Dec 2017 to Apr 2018.
In total, the three airlines will now be offering 269 flights per week over the holiday season from 10 different cities. This is up from 220 flights last year.
Over the holidays and on peak winter weekends, there will be up to eight flights daily from Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago O’Hare, Phoenix, and Los Angeles. This is up from a maximum of five daily last winter:
- DFW – Up to 4 flights daily throughout most of the winter.
- ORD – 2 flights daily over the holidays with an additional Sat/Sun flight added Jan – Mar.
- LAX – 1 flight daily Dec 15 – Apr 2.
- PHX – Daily nonstop service (except Tue/Wed in January) beginning Dec 15.
DELTA AIR LINES
Over the holidays, Delta will fly six daily flights with an extra flight on Saturdays from Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Minneapolis-St. Paul. For the remainder of the winter, there will be 4 daily flights, with 3 on Tuesdays and 5 on Saturdays.
- SLC – 3 flights daily over the holidays, 2 flights daily Jan 7 – Apr 2.
- ATL – Starting Dec 21, 1 daily flight through Apr 2.
- LAX – An additional Saturday flight over the holidays with 1 daily nonstop flight Dec 21 through Jan 6. There will be 6 flights per week (except Tuesdays) through Apr 2.
- MSP – Daily nonstop flights Dec 21 – Jan 6, with daily nonstop flights on Saturdays Jan 13 – Mar 31.
With 20 to 25 daily flights from five airport hubs, United Airlines is the heavy-hitter for the upcoming winter season. Hubs include Denver, Chicago O’Hare, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Beginning Dec 21, the following frequencies are now scheduled to be offered by United, with peak season defined as Dec 21 – Jan 7 and Feb 15 – Apr 2.
- DEN – Up to 9 daily peak season flights and 7 daily flights with 8 on Saturdays Jan 8 – Feb 14.
- ORD – Up to 5 daily peak season flights with 4 daily flights Jan 8 – Feb 14.
- IAH – 4 daily peak season flights and 3 daily flights with 4 on Saturdays Jan 8 – Feb 14.
- LAX – 4 daily flights through Apr 2 and one new daily flight scheduled to continue year-round.
- SFO – 2 daily all winter with 3 flights on Saturdays and Sundays during peak season.
OTHER FLIGHT OPTIONS
Of course, if it fits your schedule better, there are other options for traveling to Aspen during the winter. Denver International Airport is 220 miles west via I-70 and CO-82, Eagle County Airport is 70 miles west via I-70 and CO-82, and Grand Junction Regional Airport is 125 miles east via I-70 and CO-82.
Learn more about the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport or start planning your Aspen ski vacation today!