Wave goodbye to yesteryear. Say “hello” to new beginnings. Make your celebrations extra special when you spend the New Year in Aspen, CO! From New Year’s Eve dinners and dazzling fireworks displays to New Year’s Day contemplations and adventures on the slopes, we’ve outlined the best ways to spend the holiday in our charming ski destination.
4 of the Best Ways to Celebrate the New Year in Aspen, CO
1. Toast to New Beginnings at a Special New Year’s Eve Event
Usher in the New Year with an unforgettable dining experience or New Year’s celebration at one of Aspen’s finest restaurants! Feast on a decadent dinner paired with bubbly champagne, reflect on the past year, and toast to new beginnings. Here are a few local NYE culinary happenings this year…
- NYE Bash | Bad Harriet | 2 Seatings: 7:00 pm, 11:00 pm
- Celebratory Chef’s Dinner | Hotel Jerome | 2 Seatings: 5:30 pm, 8:00 pm
- NYE Dinner | Element 47 – The Little Nell | 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- New Year’s Eve Reservations | Pine Creek Cookhouse
2. Sparkle Beneath a Dazzling Fireworks Display
Editor’s Note 2021/2022: Annual events and festivities to be confirmed due to COVID-19.
The city of Aspen hosts an annual fireworks display for New Year’s Eve! You can attend a free party downtown, in Wagner Park, where you can warm up by the bonfire, listen to live music, and see the fireworks. The fireworks can be seen for miles. Some people even like to hike up Smuggler Mountain for the best views of the dazzling display.
Looking for more entertainment? Check out these events!
- “When Harry Met Sally” New Year’s Eve Screening | Pitkin County Library | 3:00 pm
- Clicquot Cats | Aspen Mountain | 7:00 pm
- Diplo | The Belly Up | 10:00 pm
- NYE Party | Ajax | 10:00 pm
3. Wake up to a Fresh Start in an Aspen Signature Properties Vacation Rental
After a long night of fun New Year’s Eve festivities, you’ll find comfort in calling one of our upscale vacation rentals your home away from home. Wake up to a brand-new day of a brand-new year. With a hot cup of coffee in hand, take in the snow-dusted mountain scenery from your private Aspen Signature Properties rental. And, with our Concierge Services, you can plan everything from grocery delivery to childcare, unique activities, and more!
Begin planning your New Year in Aspen by booking one of our premium vacation rentals today. We are delighted to welcome you to our mountain haven.
4. Spend the First Day of the New Year in Aspen, CO on the Slopes
What better way to kick off the New Year than with a day out on the slopes? There are four mountains in Aspen: Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk. If you’re not sure where to begin, just ask our staff! From getting you lift tickets to our four mountains in Aspen to planning a magical day of winter activities, our concierge service will handle every request.
Travel Tip: When you stay in one of our ski-in, ski-out vacation rentals, you’ll have the convenience of being able to get on and off the mountain quickly and easily.
Need Additional Help Planning Your Vacation?
If you’re still searching for things to add to your to-do list during your visit to Aspen, be sure to request a free copy of our Travel Guide! Inside you’ll find local suggestions for where to eat, what to do, and where to go during your stay.